Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh no ... must resist..... Gold bug!!!

Dernit...
Dabnabbit!!!

I am following gold again, and silver, .. and .... oh ok and Platinum. I swore I would never do it again. But I am weak. I can't help myself. The dollar is sooooo weak right now. And gold is.... sooooooo shiney!!!!

Truth is, as far as I can tell silver is the only thing I have never lost a dime a on.  Yet still, silver is like playing mumbly peg, sooner or later someone is gonna get stabbed. It all started for me back in 1981. Gold prices and silver, were soaring, but then so was everything else; milk, bread, gold.  So I dropped by this little shop that had opened in a vacant bank building and bought 3 ounces or so of silver. It was shiney! It clanked! I liked it!!! A few months later I was bored with it, and sold it un-ceremoniously for about 10% profit. Whoa, a whole $27 worth! Yeah I wasn't impressed then myself. 

Years later, and the bug hit again. I bought coins on ebay, and sold some at a slight profit ( got rid of the culls) and then I found Kitco. Kitco is evil like chocolate is evil. A bottomless pit to throw money you thought you had at.. only to squirm while you watch KitCast all day at work.  Somehow, in early 2000's I invested as much as $100 in silver... and yeah broke even getting out. In all truth through, if you have the bug... none beat Kitco. 

So once again I am watching the precious metals market. Looking to jump in a "pool" of gold or silver or even the big dog.... PLAT! Yet even as I look.. my head says "nooooo.... stay away!!" For now you know the folly... the gold market is rigged.. silver is a fools game and PLat is for the big boys with deep pockets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment