Friday, May 15, 2009

Take that CHASE!!!!

Ok... today is a good day.
So I have 3 credit cards ( or did!):
Credit Union Visa @ 9.9% Had since 2006
Chase MC @ 12.24% Had since 1986
American Express I have no idea Had since 2001

Well the AE.. I never use it. They sent me a new card to replace the old card... but you have to verify it from your home phone.. but I forget.. so its been like 6 months. I think I used the original one time...

I had called Chase last month and said they needed to lower the rate or else. So my rate went from 16% to the current 12.24%. Today I got my Credit Union card ( which is the card I use mostly anyway) and saw the rate was 9.9%. OK how can a tiny CU in no-place Mississippi charge so much less that the titantic CHASE .. a CC I have been with for OVER twenty years! I was pissed. So I called CHASE again and said: "I need you to drop my rate and it needs to be no more that 8.9%." The lady said that I was at thier lowest rate already. I simply said in that case I need to cancel my card.
Done.
20 + years and Chase and I are ready to call it quits. No begging, no sales... just bye.

It took me 3 minutes to find a shredder and shred thier card. Truth be told I never liked them. They are like wolves feasting on carrion. If Chase with all thier wealth cant/wont beat EVERYONE else then the truth is out. Chase is a bottom feeder. They only want high risk card holders.. those that they can gouge... trick ... sucker. They are prefectly fine cutting loose low risk card holders. As a low risk card holder ... I am equally happy to be rid of them.

I challenge everyone to drop one credit card this month!

and keep doing it until you only have 1!

Man this feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment